Worse is better?

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Oct 14 05:39:36 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 11:57:44 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 at 11:04:03 UTC, Paulo  Pinto wrote:
>> Why drop down to C/C++?
>>
>> It would be like saying you need to drop down to them from D.
>
> Not sure what you meant here. Cocoa+tooling provides a fairly
> high level environment. You drop down to C when you need speed
> or low level interfacing. It was only an example, you could
> pick any high level environment.

I don't need to drop out to C from Objective-C or Swift.

Objective-C is a C superset and Swift offers the required unsafe
constructs for the ultimate performance if I really want to.

My remark was that what should be emphasized is coding in a more
performance aware style, no need to switch languages.

--
Paulo