Algorithms to solve programming contest problems

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Oct 26 14:11:58 PDT 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:58:27 +0100
Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I'd actually also like to see less things being stuffed into phobos.
> Now that we have dub and code.dlang.org the benefit of adding
> something to phobos instead of maintaining it as a separate library
> is much smaller. And we already have some unmaintained/problematic
> modules in phobos that would be better as external libraries
> (std.signals, std.net.curl, std.xml).
please, no! ;-) there is alot sense of having many things in phobos.
for beginners it's much easier to use just compiler and standard
library, for example. it's much easier than "oh, well, compiler. and
that strange 'dub' thing. and i have to write 'dubfile' to pull that
library. and... uh-oh, internet connection. and... ah, forget it!"

and there is rdmd, which is *very* handy for scripting. i found myself
writing alot of CLI scripts in D instead of bash/tcl/smth-other.

and last, but not least: not everyone wants to switch to dub.

let phobos have alot of things. thay may be suboptimal, but at least
they are here when someone needs 'em. and i really want libasync to be
included too! ;-)