Voting: std.logger

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 1 03:43:32 PDT 2014

On Monday, 1 September 2014 at 04:32:42 UTC, Kevin Lamonte wrote:
> Does this logger already exist, could I take a look at it?

Not in D AFAIK, circular in-memory logging is a common technique
for fixing servers though.

> If not, if someone writes an appender for writing to the
> database, you could accomplish this goal with log4d using a
> buffer appender that triggers on fatal.

I guess the most robust solution is to use shared memory and
fork, when the child dies you soup up the log and upload it to a
logging-server.

I am also interested in lazy formatting, meaning you log a
reference to the immutable formatting string and the parameters,
but wait with the formatting until the result is needed.