Encapsulating trust

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 2 04:46:47 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 08:40:37 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> ketmar:
>
>> and that is why my "local D" diverges more and more from
>> "mainline D".
>
> This is a bad idea, it leads to an increase of your
> dissatisfaction, until you stop using D :-(

I am interested in ketmar's patches. Modifying the parser is a
small change and you can have multiple parsers in the same
compiler. Since D files start with "module " you can discriminate
the source code by looking at the head of the file.

I've been sketching a modified syntax for parts of D for a while
now so ketmar's work is going to make the implementation work
easier for me. Thus, I applaud his rebellious efforts. :-)