Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 8 09:20:16 PDT 2014

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:02:34 +0000
Joakim via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> In any case, trading syntax patches with each
> other and experimenting with different dialects, which is all
> they've said they're doing so far, is far from a full fork.
and i'm clearly stated that i'm not planning to fork D in the nearest
future (and Ola too, i believe).

OP just asked what games other playing, to avoid duplicate work. that
wasn't "let's fork D!" that wasn't "call to arms: let's push this into
mainline!"

and how we supposed to learn compiler internals without playing such
small silly games? when someone adds some syntactic sugar, or new
warning, or something like, it's a moment of "wow! i can into compiler
writing too!" poking around with compiler source is a great way to
learn.

maybe just make "D.experiments" newsgroup for such talks, so newcomers
will not be confused by discussion about some bizarre feature in
"D.general"? this way we can make questions like OP's one less
controversial, 'cause people will immediately see that this is not a
thread about "let's include this feature in D NOW!"