Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 11 05:26:38 PDT 2014

On Monday, 8 September 2014 at 23:31:49 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> And there are no NG rules that say I shouldn't write some
> off-topic bullshit in your threads. Also clearly the only
> reason why we don't casually walk around shooting people is
> because laws prohibit doing so, otherwise it is perfectly
> reasonable thing to do.

Listen to me, and listen carefully. If you want to challenge me
verbally, please don't put your head on the chopping block. A
verbal fight where you put yourself up for verbal annihilation is
just no fun!

I truly believe you when you claim that you are a people's person
and that the community is more important to you than the
product/license. Unfortunately you completely undermine your
"people over license" argument by using abusive techniques that
are usually tied to brainwashed people-unfriendly cultists.
Techniques such as: trying to silence members by pointing out
their lack of worth, threatening by shunning and resorting to
ridicule.

I don't hold the view that the D community is more valuable than
the product/license. The community is valuable, but the end
product is more important and the community has to fully back the
license and not undermine it.

I am not here to increase my self worth, though I don't mind an
educated argument or a role playing stunt, I am here to increase
the probability of having a programming language that is better
than the alternatives for server programming within a few years.
With the current situation it will take another decade.

I also happen to think that ketmar is funny and have the right
go-happy nonchalant attitude (which I as a fan of Wodehouse
appreciate). More of his sort will increase the probability of
ending up with a great product. I am very much aligned with his
outlook, although I probably will never agree with him on the
syntax. That's ok, we don't have to agree on anything as long as
we are having fun, are free to create and can freely share ideas.

The bottom line is this: if the community has to change in order
to get a decent programming language, then that is the right
thing to do.

You appear to think that management == control. You come through
as a control freak, but I could be wrong.

Management is about nurturing talent, smoothing out differences
and facilitating productivity. It is not primarily about control.

Cults usually have problem gaining more than 12-30 members. They
constrain the freedom of their members too much. Bad idea.

For the D community to grow it has to play up to and appreciate
diversity and conflicting goals among the members. That means you
have to appreciate that people are participating for reasons you
don't share and have other goals than yourself.

I'll be happy to fork D if it makes it possible for me to work on
it full time. A license is a contract. You either stand by it or
renegotiate it. I take the liberties of the liberal Boost license
literally and will enjoy them in any fashion I fancy.

What you are saying is basically that you disagree with the
license, so maybe Walter should have spent more time making sure
that he had backing for it in the community, but that is an issue
you have to take up with him. Not me or ketmar.