C++ interop - what to do about long and unsigned long?

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 12 00:41:10 PDT 2014

"Paolo Invernizzi"  wrote in message
news:mlqsirmipwgfovetbaai at forum.dlang.org...

> Daniel: Good to know! Where can I find some documentation about it?
> Actually the online documentation of 2.066 states:
>
>    "Note: non-virtual functions, and static member functions, cannot be
> accessed."
>
> Can you point to the pull request?

Yeah, the documentation is a little out of date.

You can find some working examples in the test suite:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/test/runnable/cppa.d
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/test/runnable/extra-files/cppb.cpp

Some pulls are:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2053
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2037
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1990
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2193
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/2816

But basically, most functions (except special member functions) work well
across the language boundary.  Mangling, vtable layout, and alignment are
all matched.