Quit running foreign unittests >_<

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 16 11:18:43 PDT 2014

On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 22:13:57 -0400, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> This is getting to be (or rather, *continuing* to be) a royal PITA:
>
> https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/673
>
> I don't mean to pick on Vibe.d in particular, but can we have a solution
> (that doesn't involve obscure corners of druntime, or demanding everyone
> use the same build system) for running our unittests *without*
> triggering a cascading avalanche of unittests from ALL third party libs
> that don't cooperate with the [frankly] quite clumsy
> version(mylib_unittests) hack?!

Hm... would it be acceptable if unit tests were compiled, but not run?
Because the unit tester runtime just foreach's over every module and runs
the tests contained in that module.

Now, I don't know how it works if you compile a template unit test -- does
it get deposited into the module that instantiated or into the module that
defined it? Worth looking into I think.

-Steve