Which patches/mods exists for current versions of the DMD parser?

Tobias Müller via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 17 06:09:41 PDT 2014

"Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is my take on this: I don't think a fork is a bad thing, and I think
> BSD/MIT style licensing increase the probability of a fork down the road
> compared to GPL. The payoff for forking is simply higher with a liberal license.

I think you are confusing the language with the compiler.
The license gives you the right to take the compiler sources and do
basically anything with it. But if that modified compiler compiles a
different language than the official 'D', that does not automatically mean
that you have the right to call that language fork 'D' and publish it on
the D forum.
I don't say that it's forbidden, it's just not covered by the compiler
license.

Tobi