WindowsAPI as dub package

Paul Z. Barsan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 19 05:10:03 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've recently used cairoD for drawing and I thought it would be
nice to have support for win32 surfaces. In order to add support
for this feature I need a winapi-d package for dub.So far I've
found some personal mirrors and clones on github such as:

https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/WindowsAPI
https://github.com/CS-svnmirror/dsource-bindings-win32

but so far nobody dares to maintain a big pkg like this. Are
there more experienced users willing to do this ?

The main problem is that the development still takes place on
dsource.org. Can dub get packages from svn repositories ? If it
doesn't, how can we solve this? Maybe a new github organization
like "dub-packagers" to involve more people and avoid to much
effort for one man with a personal account?

Someone said there is windows API support in phobos. I've seen
there are stc.c.windows.windows and core.sys.windows.windows
modules but they don't appear in the online documentation
(http://dlang.org/phobos/).Are those modules meant to be used by
clients and the docs are outdated or is just dmd internal stuff ?

Thanks in advance !