At the language-level support for Micro-thread?

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 23 11:05:09 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 17:31:31 UTC, David Nadlinger
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 23 September 2014 at 16:56:36 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
>> I wasn't aware of any.  Someone suggested moving Generator to
>> a separate module and I explained why this isn't advisable.
>> If there are other issues, I would appreciate it if someone
>> would restate them.
>
> 1) There is still Martin's point that Boost.Coroutine seems to
> use a different design. I haven't had a look at it in any
> detail, but I think it would be good to briefly comment on why
> their choices would not be a good fit for us. After all, one
> would suspect that they started out with vaguely similar design
> space restrictions and goals.

I thought I did :-)  Generator is a limited version of a
coroutine, which I created both in response to some features in
other languages like Go and because of something that came up
during Chuck Allison's talk at the conference this year.  It's
possible that Boost-style coroutines will be added later and
Generator will be made a special case of these, but that should
not affect the current API.  I think it still has merit as a
standalone thing, as Boost-style coroutines won't work as an
input range (which is the point of Generators).

> 2) There are still a couple of typos in the docs, and at least
> one code quality suggestion (`auto ref`). Just scroll through
> the non-outdated GitHub comments.

I must have missed this.  I'll check.