What are the worst parts of D?

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 24 03:02:10 PDT 2014

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:28:25 +0000
ponce via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> To thrive in the enterprise D must wait for a greenfield project
> with zero pre-existing source files (ie. rare), be a small
> project, or be able to interact with the legacy codebase.
>
> I think Andrei accurately identified C++ interop as the top-goal.
no sane management (and insane too, even more) will resist to adding
new language to codebase without really strong arguments. especially
not hyped language. managers knows about java, they heard about c++ and
they don't care what that "D" is. no c++ interop can change this.

so: c++ interop will help D adoption in enterprise == false. this thing
alone moves c++ interop to the bottom of the list.