What are the worst parts of D?

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 25 10:09:12 PDT 2014

Am 25.09.2014 07:30, schrieb Walter Bright:
> On 9/24/2014 9:43 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> printf debugging FTW! :-P
>
> There's more than that, but yeah. Most of my types I'll write a "pretty
> printer" for, and use that. No conceivable debugger can guess how I want
> to view my data.
>
> For example, I can pretty-print an Expression as either a tree or in
> infix notation.

In Visual Studio I can define formatters for data structures. Most of
the STL containers are already configured out of the box.

Additionally, I don't know another IDE that matches Visual Studio
debugging capabilities for multi-core and graphics programming.

And C++ debugger is still catching with what .NET debugger can do for
multi-core programming.

--
Paulo