Benchmark of D against other languages

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 01:32:12 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 1 April 2015 at 22:49:55 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> ³: Places 2, 3, and 4 thanks to std.numeric.dotProduct. An
> optimized
> dense matrix multiplication would get us #1.

According to
https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia#Required-Build-Tools-External-Libraries
building Julia requires OpenBlas or Intel MKL. So the native
julia matrix-matrix-multiplication is most probably just a call
to a highly optimized BLAS gemm + some overhead.
   => beeing faster than Julia native would require to be as least
fast as openBLAS/Intel MKL gemm.

It would be nice to have such a good matrix multiplication in
Phobos but I think there are more important things to work on

Dstep + cblas.h works quite well although code calling it
involves pointers :)