Benchmark of D against other languages

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 2 02:09:03 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 08:32:13 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> It would be nice to have such a good matrix multiplication in
> Phobos but I think there are more important things to work on
> (GC, AA, ...),

I'm not asking for a linear algebra library in phobos, although
we need one in dub and should consider having one in Phobos at
some point too.
But it would be nice if std.numeric came with a multiply(T)(T[][]
a, T[][] b, T[][] result) to complement dotProduct and the
built-in vector ops.
As you've seen dotProduct set us far ahead of C.

> Dstep + cblas.h works quite well although code calling it
> involves pointers :)

How hard would it be to turn that into a lib.