Why I'm Excited about D

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 6 17:29:25 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 00:15:51 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> [...]and runtime templates. The last two haven't been written
> yet.

Really? Runtime templates aren't even hard to implement....

What I do with my web libs is use a minimal templating system
based on dom.d. Basic things are inserted with placeholders
(which can also pipe variables through various transformation
things, like myvar|capitalize), then advanced things are done
with the dom api - you can easily define custom tags and such to
do what you need to do.

I like it. Of course, I'm perhaps a bit weird in that I like
having plain html templates for the most part and find little
value in the weird things other languages do. Ruby on Rails with
its stupid erb and form "helpers" are far more cumbersome to use
than straight html if you ask me - especially if you have a
server side dom to help do convenience transformations.

And stuff like haml, wtf is even the point of that nonsense.

.... but still, stuff like erb or haml isn't that hard to
implement, it is strange to me that vibe wouldn't have them.