Mid-term vision review

Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 7 02:02:58 PDT 2015

On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 15:35:15 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On 3 April 2015 at 12:10, Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> It would be great to have dmd on embedded platforms.
>>

> We have GDC supporting ARM, MIPS, PPC, S390, etc... LDC
> supporting
> ARM... what more do you want?

Hmmm, probably I'm missing something. I tried some time ago to
develop something for raspberry pi & co but it wasn't fully
supported, if I'm right. Is phobos ported too?

It would really useful: have you ever seen code for 3d printers?
It would be benefit a lot from D :)

I build a 3d printer, and its firmware is written in C for
arduino from many hands. I thinks it would a good idea to switch
to something like rpi, and rewrite firmware in D, it's not that
complex. I had to check many times that C code, and I think it's
really messy.

Andrea