D Hackathon: April 25 - May 1

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 8 19:44:28 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

This from the cycle "Walter's and Andrei's Crazy Ideas". We'd like to
invite you all to a hackathon starting Saturday April 25 and ending
Friday May 1st.

The idea is to spend a week concentrating efforts on writing code for
all aspects of D (with a focus on, but not limited to, D's github
repos). Should be fun! At the end of the week we'll count the bugs fixed
and pulled PRs and compare them against the weekly average over the past
few months. If it was productive in addition to fun, so much the better!

Rules are simple. Walter and I will observe them and invite others to
join us:

* The focus will be to either work on a project that has been put on the
backburner for a while, fix issues small and large, or simply review
existing pull requests. You choose (For example I will work on making
std.allocator ready for review.)

* Participation to forums will be minimal during the hackathon. The bulk
of communication will occur on github and will be code-related.

* Focus is on fixing existing bugzilla issues (issues predating this
announcement). New bugs fixed will receive extra scrutiny to make sure
there's no gaming.

* Please no trolling/negativity. Do good work and good reviews.

* Saturday May 2nd we "meet" on the forum for the week's conclusion,
measurements, discussions, emergent PRs and proposals, etc.

Pencil the dates in your calendar!

Andrei