SDC needs you -- redux

Brian Schott via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 20 15:40:10 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 19 April 2015 at 06:01:14 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> gofmt, much like python's standardized formatting, made
> contributing to go projects much easier IMO. While the same
> can't be done for D, hopefully dfmt becomes a standard tool and
> each dub project can just include a dfmt.conf or something to
> make contributing easier.

dfmt options go in .editorconfig with the rest of your project's
style decisions like tabs/spaces and line length.

> I agree with the OP on the tooling point, just look at C++. C++
> had historically zero(okay, some - but it sucked! ctags were
> awful, etc.) tooling before clang hit the scene. IMO clang/LLVM
> was a complete game changer for C++ tooling, and I hope D can
> do the same.

For what it's worth, D-Scanner can output ctags information for D
files.

> Clang has a static analyzer, a formatter, a modernizer...
> Hell, clang(and obv. libclang) can dump the AST right from its
> driver, and even has autocompletion built into
> it(-code-completion-at)

We now have a formatter. D-Scanner can perform some static
analysis and dump an AST from its parser, DCD provides
autocompletion. dfix can perform syntax upgrades.