D for Game Development

lobo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 8 01:05:26 PDT 2015

On Friday, 7 August 2015 at 04:56:39 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> *whispers* Hey hey you. You want tests? Well here is something
> you'll like[0]. Oh and check out[1].
>
> [0] http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngsuite.html
> [1]
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/zxbexpwmirzdkewhqjyx@forum.dlang.org

Well done you've written a library to pass some tests. Now fix
the bugs that you haven't found yet and scalability issues you
aren't aware of...the things that really only spring up when you
get 1000+ users thrashing it each week.

In the meantime I'll use D bindings to FreeImage or similar ilk
that's gone through the wringer several times over.

Sorry I don't mean to sound harsh but that's the reality I'm in
right now pushing D on teams in my workplace. It would be much
simpler if there were quality (idiomatic) D interfaces to
existing quality C/C++ libraries.

bye,
lobo