D for Game Development

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 10 13:20:34 PDT 2015

On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 19:34:26 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> On Monday, 10 August 2015 at 19:31:55 UTC, David Gileadi wrote:
>> On 8/10/15 12:25 PM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
>> <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> …[insert your language here] has a long way to go… :)
>
> Which is why I think people are attracted towards D. It's very
> close to being "there". The large elephant in the room is the
> garbage collector. Every way to work around it feels like a
> massive, ugly hack.

I am hoping once std.allocators gets done, language support for
it will get added. Some way to get new and delete to forward to
specific allocators.

And some way to define a scope that uses an allocator such that
every thing in that scope that gets allocated uses that
allocator, including allocations down the call tree.