new release doesn't work as advertised

learn via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 13 13:30:34 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 20:13:59 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> D is not for everyone. This user needs to be using a commercial
> compiler with commercial tools, and a special support contract.
> You can complain about how things should be, but this is
> reality. Unless you are willing to dump a few million dollars
> into the development of tools...
>
> The replies here are quite tame. Think about what he is
> demanding. VS 2013 works, and there is no problem installing
> two versions of VS, but he doesn't want to install it. He wants
> to use D in VS 2015 only.

are you trying to tell me that this compiler isn't good enough
for anyone who doesn't want to change his ecosystem that works
for everything else i develop?
i came here because i read the petitions to have D in VS - and it
said it works with VS2015.

the mixing of vs's will cause a registry problem and produce tons
of work if i want to delete it. some thing might easier on linux,
but i use windows.

so, by all means, advertise the correct thing and if you want to
dink around, than tell people it is only for hobbyist, works only
on linux and can not be used for commercial programs on windows.

i can live with that, because i will not try it. BUT it will
still make think
would be nice to use on windows.

btw - i still want to use D in VS 2015 only.