new release doesn't work as advertised

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 13 14:04:52 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 20:30:35 UTC, learn wrote:

> are you trying to tell me that this compiler isn't good enough
> for anyone who doesn't want to change his ecosystem that works
> for everything else i develop?
> i came here because i read the petitions to have D in VS - and
> it said it works with VS2015.
>
> the mixing of vs's will cause a registry problem and produce
> tons of work if i want to delete it. some thing might easier on
> linux, but i use windows.
>
> so, by all means, advertise the correct thing and if you want
> to dink around, than tell people it is only for hobbyist, works
> only on linux and can not be used for commercial programs on
> windows.
>
> i can live with that, because i will not try it. BUT it will
> still make think
> would be nice to use on windows.
>
> btw - i still want to use D in VS 2015 only.

My comment was about the limited resources of this community. If
there are false statements about VS 2015 support, then they
should be corrected. And if you feel that VS 2015 support is a
must, then it is entirely reasonable to not use D.

I was responding to what I felt was a harsh response by Tofu
Ninja. IMO it is not realistic to think that any developer can
sit down and use his preferred setup without any rough edges. It
comes with writing D code. Others have told you that the problem
is being fixed, told you how you can still use VS, and I don't
see what more they should have done.