This Week in D

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 1 07:04:46 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 at 09:47:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> A more condensed bi-weekly would look more interesting to
> visitors.

I actually think weekly pull request reports and such aren't all
that interesting at all, that's why I like to do the tips and try
to summarize things that might influence the future direction of
D.

That's why, when I'm done talking about a thread, I usually give
my opinion on where I think it is doing, like "it is unlikely
anything will change as a result of this". We every so often try
to publish roadmaps, but my experience has been that we get a
better idea of where things are going by watching what topics
come up more for discussion. And not just length of discussion or
frequency of threads, but the attitude we see inside from a few
key members.

....whoa, I just realized this is relevant to a proprietary
project I'm working on.... weird that I didn't realize that until
now...

Anyway though, I've been on the forum for a lot of years and have
seen where the language has been and just try to distill that
into where it is going too.

The other big thing is that I want to talk about where it is
*now* instead of just what's happening this week. That's why
there's tips, project write-ups, interviews, etc.

TWID's audience includes visitors, but its core are already D
users at varying levels of activity who don't necessarily know
all these things but want to.