Some feedback on the website.

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 15 13:50:58 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 11:13:51 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> I agree, others don't. See discussion on
> <https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1139>
> where I originally proposed this download button:
> <https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/9287500/10711239/4fb76968-7a75-11e5-8677-8a27eebdc952.png>.
>
> Now, I don't want to complain about people not liking the
> design. And I pulled the design changes back rather quickly,
> because the functionality was supposed to be the subject of the
> PR. A big, flashy download button has not exactly been rejected.

I get more and more irritated by how non factual the whole IT
scene is. Why does it boils down to opinion ?

A good rule of thumb: if you can't notice and click on the button
immediately while drunk, it is not big and obvious enough.

The proposed design is better that what we have now, but it is
still clumsy. There are box into box, and way too much infos.

It is not opinion, it is what works. If one is of different
opinion, there is an easy way to settle: do an A/B test and
settle. I can tell you, on that one the result that would come
out of this are fairly obvious.