Some feedback on the website.

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 07:02:24 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 14:23:54 UTC, Pradeep Gowda
wrote:
> I'm very partial to using pandoc (http://pandoc.org/) as a
> universal processor for converting markdown to various output
> formats. Rust used pandoc as their processor till they wrote
> their own toolchain. (writing markdown parsers appears to be
> right of passage to some...).

pandoc comes with an unbelievable amount of dependencies.

Notably the LaTeX dependency: on Mac the LaTeX distribution is a
whopping 2gb download.

It seems nice in theory, but in practice pandoc takes things like
\newpage (latex code fragments) in their Markdown input. And
Markdown already accepts HTML tags! I much prefer DDoc.