Some feedback on the website.

Pradeep Gowda via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 07:55:13 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 15:02:24 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 14:23:54 UTC, Pradeep Gowda
> wrote:
> pandoc comes with an unbelievable amount of dependencies.
>
> Notably the LaTeX dependency: on Mac the LaTeX distribution is
> a whopping 2gb download.
>
> It seems nice in theory, but in practice pandoc takes things
> like \newpage (latex code fragments) in their Markdown input.
> And Markdown already accepts HTML tags! I much prefer DDoc.

I use pandoc everyday.

This is provably false. You do not need LaTeX to use pandoc.
On linux and mac it's a self-contained binary. (I don't use
windows, so i don't know).

This is how i use it everyday:

1. write markdown and convert to docx for sharing with coworkers.
Not a single line of LaTeX
2. just finished writing a paper in IEEE format using just
pandoc, which i converted to latex and yet did not have to use a
single inline latex command in the main document.
2. write my website/notes in markdown and convert to HTML using
hakyll which uses pandoc as a library. No Latex there either.