Some feedback on the website.

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 16 07:32:30 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 14:42:08 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I think Markdown postdates 2001. So at this point, would it be
> worth it switching over to Markdown? -- Andrei

Honestly, no. For three reasons

1. DDoc isn't hard. It took me all of ten minutes to understand
it and make my first contribution to the website

2. Markdown is good for creating *simple* content. Once you need
anything custom you start adding in your own things and you're
right back where you started. This would become a problem with
all of the extra macros that we have in the website (e.g.
$(NOT_EBOOK)) which are needed in some pages. How would one
represent $(NOT_EBOOK) in Markdown?

3. "Who wants to spend hours and hours of work writing a DDoc to
Markdown converter or manually convert all existing pages? Do we
have any volunteers?"