Some feedback on the website.

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 00:10:07 PST 2015

On 2015-12-16 21:54, Walter Bright wrote:

> I'm not so sure. There are lots of tools to develop websites. Let's say
> A, B, and C. If we picked "B", we most assuredly would have analogous
> threads here saying "I won't use anything but A" and "Everybody else
> uses C."

Anything that is explicitly created for web development would be better.

> I've heard all sorts of excuses for decades about why people won't chip
> in, and I know they are excuses because when the excuse is fixed, they
> still won't chip in. This excuse sounds the same as the rest.
>
> The thing is, if you know html, then you know Ddoc. Ddoc is just a
> stupidly simple text-substitution macro system a programmer should be
> able to learn in a few minutes.

I know HTML, and I know there's no problem with underscores in HTML. Yet
Ddoc is causing issues with underscores because Latex is used to
generate the PDF [1].

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/post/n4tpdd$2kun$1@digitalmars.com

--
/Jacob Carlborg