We need a good code font for the function signatures on dlang.org

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 08:01:01 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 21:05:27 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I was looking at
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169
> and that bold sans serif proportional text for the code is
> just... well let's say it's time to replace it.
>
> What would be a good code font to use for those?

I've recently become partial to Fira Mono.
https://typecast.com/preview/google/fira%20mono:400:normal
It has nice open counters, tall braces that don't overextend, and
relatively weighty punctuation.

http://typecast.com/blog/10-fonts-for-code
There are a few others that may be worth considering here.  I
don't like the condensed fonts so much because I prefer "O" not
be as narrow as "0".  For zeros, dot > slash ≫ open. (I used a
dotted version of Droid Sans Mono for a long time.)

-Wyatt