We need a good code font for the function signatures on dlang.org

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 09:36:43 PST 2015

On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 16:01:01 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 21:05:27 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I was looking at
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169
>> and that bold sans serif proportional text for the code is
>> just... well let's say it's time to replace it.
>>
>> What would be a good code font to use for those?
>>
> I've recently become partial to Fira Mono.
> https://typecast.com/preview/google/fira%20mono:400:normal
> It has nice open counters, tall braces that don't overextend,
> and relatively weighty punctuation.
>

> http://typecast.com/blog/10-fonts-for-code
> There are a few others that may be worth considering here.  I
> don't like the condensed fonts so much because I prefer "O" not
> be as narrow as "0".  For zeros, dot > slash ≫ open. (I used a
> dotted version of Droid Sans Mono for a long time.)
>
> -Wyatt

Fira Mono looked ugly to me. I use Input Mono for a while (Input
Sans and
Input Serif are available as well).

http://input.fontbureau.com/preview/?size=16&language=clike&theme=solarized-dark&family=InputMono&width=300&weight=400&line-height=1.2&a=0&g=ss&i=0&l=0&zero=0&asterisk=0&braces=0&preset=default&customize=please

Not very smooth like Consolas etc, but it is very readable.