Some feedback on the website.

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 18 00:06:03 PST 2015

On 2015-12-17 23:40, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> We are already using vibe.d for the Phobos page-per-name documentation.
> As far as I can tell the initiative has been a qualified success.

What's left/stopping us from using this as the default documentation?

> The main problem there is that there are not enough folks to maintain
> the vibe-related artifacts. Basically when Sönke is busy with something
> else, any issue may wait indefinitely. (I haven't followed that lately,
> possibly things have improved as of late.)
>
> In order to make the use of vibe.d entirely successful across dlang.org
> and dconf.org, we need to show robust gains from using it for Phobos. As
> virtually the sole maintainer of dconf.org, I'd feel definitely
> motivated to use vibe.d if there was good evidence of thriving
> collaboration around the use of it on http://dlang.org/library.
>
> Jacob, are you willing to ramp up you contribution to the vibe.d-related
> parts of Phobos? That would go a long way toward convincing everyone of
> the productivity gains of using it instead of ddoc (or others).

I would like to but I'm very busy as well. In addition to that I have
basically no knowledge of the internals of the vibe.d related parts. I
had a look at some PR's for Dub (I think) that Sönke called out for help
with. I didn't feel I could add much help to that.

Is there anything more specific you're thinking about?

--
/Jacob Carlborg