Redesign of dlang.org

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 05:58:30 PST 2015

On 19.12.2015 15:33, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B7UtafxGD9vESlB3aFBxcjNPOXM

I know you wait for Walter's and Andrei's approval on this before
investing more work. That's very reasonable. Luckily, I'm not so
reasonable ;)

http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/

On GitHub if people want to play around with it:
https://github.com/aG0aep6G/dlang.org/tree/Ivan-Smirnov's-redesign

That's a full clone of dlang.org in the new style. I just pasted it over
the old style, and hacked around on top of it until it worked, more or
less. It's a quick and dirty showcase. I touched everything, but
polished nothing. There are more rough edges than smooth ones.

I changed various details from the mock-up (logo, icons, text, ...), so
this is not a perfect port. In particular, I tried not to throw out
content and features from the current dlang.org. For now, that is. The
home page is pretty crowded, and the menu bar definitely needs to be
streamlined.

By the way, I'm not sold on that font. I think I'd prefer a sans-serif.