Mockup of my doc dream ideas

rcorre via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 07:51:02 PST 2015

On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 14:24:34 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:

> What happens when I see a DOC with comments is that sometimes
> the comments are more clear than the Doc itself, or there are
> tips or tricks that was not "well" documented.
>
> Bubba.

If the comments are more clear than the Doc, then they should
_be_ the doc. Similarly, useful tips and tricks should probably
be included as doc examples. In other words, I think we should
encourage contribution to official documentation rather than
dividing between official docs and user comments.

This does raise the bar to entry though, so maybe a suggestion
box could be a nice middle ground.