vibe.d benchmarks

yawniek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 31 00:51:31 PST 2015

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 08:23:26 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
wrote:
> Isn't there a decent chance the bottleneck is vibe.d's JSON
> implementation rather than the framework as such ?  We know
> from Atila's MQTT project that vibe.D can be significantly
> faster than Go, and we also know that its JSON implementation
> isn't that fast.  Replacing with FastJSON might be interesting.
>  Sadly I don't have time to do that myself.

this is not the same benchmark discussed elsewhere, this one is a
simple echo thing.
no json. it just states that there is some overhead around on
various layers.
so its testimony is very limited.

from a slightly more distant view you can thus argue that 50k rps
vs 150k rps basically just means that the framework will most
probably not be your bottle neck.
none the less, getting ahead in the benchmarks would help to
attract people who are then pleasantly surprised how easy it is
to make full blown services with vibe.

the libasync problem seem seems to be because of TCP_NODELAY not
being deactivated for local connection.