Git, the D package manager

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 21:27:00 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 01:04:42 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On 02/03/2015 04:20 AM, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 02:39:56 UTC, Vladimir
>> Panteleev wrote:
>>> I might revisit Dub again once some of the fixable issues
>>> mentioned
>>> here are fixed.
>>
>> Another very important argument is consistency in using
>> packages.

Some people are more familiar with git, some with Dub. As a Dub
developer, I'm not surprised you're more familiar with it. The
two simple commands you quoted look as alien to me as the
supplied build instructions would look to someone who never used
git - meanwhile, they are self-explanatory to everyone who's used
git submodules before.

I'm sure I or anyone could at will produce similar logs of
failing to figure out dub basics and it spitting mysterious error
messages.

Frankly, I don't see this as a considerable argument.