Git, the D package manager

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 8 09:59:55 PST 2015

On 2015-02-06 12:37, Dicebot wrote:

> D is only cross-platfrom scripting language we can rely on. This is
> probably biggest problem of make (apart from bunch of legacy syntax
> crap) - any real build system needs relatively complicated build rules
> for target transformation. However we can reasonably expect working D
> compiler from anyone wanting to compile D project - which is both
> perfectly cross-platform and does not request installation of any
> additional binaries.

While this is true, in my opinion, the D syntax is not very good for a
declarative DSL.

Most scripting language can be bundle with the build tool, that is
linked in the executable. Ruby is my favorite because it allows to
create good declarative DSL's, but I know most developers here hate it.

--
/Jacob Carlborg