Setting error/removal dates for deprecated features

Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 10 02:59:30 PST 2015

"Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d"  wrote in message
news:mailman.6286.1423558275.9932.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> I think that it's a case of us agreeing that we want to do it but no one
> actually taking care of it. And part of it is a matter of bias by the one
> making the list. Daniel Murphy went to a lot of effort to get that list
> put
> together at one point, and he put an effort into actually moving some of
> the
> deprecations along in the compiler, but he didn't agree with all of the
> items in the list (e.g. IIRC, he thinks that delete should stay), so he
> didn't make an effort to move all of them along. And no one else has
> stepped
> up to do it. I expect that most any of them would stand a good chance of
> getting changes for them merged though if someone put in the time and
> effort
> to create PRs moving them along.

Yeah, that's pretty much what happened.  Some I left because they were
controversial, some because they were too difficult, some because I just
didn't care about them.

Some of the ones on that list have had some work done but haven't been
updated.

DDMD currently relies on allocating classes on the stack with 'scope' and
overriding without 'override' so I don't want to see those move forward at
the moment.

Complex numbers I left alone because I don't know if std.complex is a good
enough replacement yet.