RFC: std.*.concept convention

Jakob Ovrum via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 11 00:59:30 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 11 February 2015 at 08:54:41 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> We really haven't been using the
> term concepts for anything in D, and instead have been heavily
> using the
> term traits for what you're talking about - e.g. isInputRange
> is considered
> to be a trait.

My opinion is the opposite. I've never seen anyone use the term
"traits", but I have seen the term "concept".

> In addition, we probably don't want to confuse them with
> C++'s concepts. Much as they're similar, they're quite not the
> same thing.

The implementation differs in the details but the idea is exactly
the same. Using the same term is helpful for people who are
familiar with C++ concepts.