[OT] HTML: div/iframe hybrid?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 26 11:59:34 PST 2015

On 02/26/2015 03:30 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> AFAIK, <div src="..."> syntax was proposed for this purpose (with
> fallback) in early editions of html5, don't know if it made it into the
> standard.

Hmm, just looked that up, but all I found on that was one page that
implies (sadly, with no sources referenced) it did not make it in:

http://hannah.wf/why-dont-all-html-elements-have-a-src-attribute/

However, looks like what happened instead was iframe grew a "seamless"
attribute, which frankly looks pretty damn sweet:

http://benvinegar.github.io/seamless-talk/#/12

Still researching browser compatibility and adoption though.

TL;DR: New in HTML5: <iframe seamless src="url" /> is the answer
(assuming it isn't still *too* new, not sure yet)