Improving ddoc

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 01:19:06 PST 2015

On 12/31/14 1:12 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> I don't feel like any small change in DDOC will make me like/use it.

I'm envisioning quite an interesting possibility in which certain
constructs are automatically converted to macros:

`hello world` --> $(BACKQUOTED hello world)
"hello world" --> $(QUOTED hello world)
'hello world' --> $(SQUOTED hello world)
_hello world_ --> $(UNDERLINED hello world)
*hello world* --> $(STARRED hello world)

... and such. Then generating nice formatting for each of these
constructs is achieved by simply defining these macros appropriately.

Andrei