Phobos colour module?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 1 06:57:44 PST 2015

On 1 January 2015 at 22:39, Peter Alexander via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 January 2015 at 06:38:41 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> I've been working on a pretty comprehensive module for dealing with
>> colours in various formats and colour spaces and conversions between
>> all of these.
>> It seems like a hot area for duplicated effort, since anything that
>> deals with multimedia will need this, and I haven't seen a really
>> comprehensive implementation.
>>
>> Does it seem like something we should see added to phobos?
>

> I think it would be a nice addition, but might seem a bit lonely on its own,
> without an image library. Maybe just put it on code.dlang for now, and then
> add it together with an image library later?

I expect that would come after. The thing about an image library
though is it's a lot more debatable how it should look. Colours don't
really have much room for argument; it's complete and efficient, or
it's not.
At very least, once we have colours in phobos, then we can add modules
to read/write image files, which is quite a sore vacancy. We should
also be able to interact with OS calls that deal with image data more
conveniently.