Improving ddoc

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 2 13:28:45 PST 2015

On 02/01/15 10:34, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 1/1/15 1:59 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> I do however still think that using $( ) to delineate start and end of
>> macro blocks is a bad choice given the prevalence of ( ) in code.
>
> s/think/believe/ seeing as you bring awfully little evidence to back that up.

I don't think that's fair.  AFAICS the only reason there's a "Stray ')'" issue
to be concerned about is because the ) character is used to mark the end of a
Ddoc macro.

OK, I accept that it's rare that you get a ) without it being preceded by an
opening ).  But there are surely much rarer (in code) characters that could have
been used, or the end-of-macro marker could have been chosen to be something
completely unambiguous like $) or )$.