D and Nim

Jonathan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 4 10:10:51 PST 2015

Hey folks,

I've been recently checking out Nim/rod and feel like it takes a
lot of inspiration from D (I think the creator was in the D
community too as some point). How do you think it compares? What
areas does D, in principle, makes it a better choice? To give you
my background, I like creating games (mostly using SDL bindings)
using new languages, aiming for the most efficient yet concise
way to write the engine and game logic.

FYI, this is NOT a language war thread. I'm just curious about
what separates them from a principle level.