4x4

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 8 08:19:43 PST 2015

Am Thu, 08 Jan 2015 07:44:17 -0800
schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> On 1/8/15 4:46 AM, aldanor wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 7 January 2015 at 07:09:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> > wrote:
> >> http://dlang.org/library/std/digest/digest/digest.html
> >>
> >> Ugh. -- Andrei
> >
> > This thread needs more digest:
> >
> > http://dlang.org/library/std/digest/digest/digest.digest.html
>
> Heh. Alright, any lieutenant who could get on this?
>
> There's a sense of urgency - these pages are live now.
>

> Andrei

What kind of action would you expect? Renaming a name
which has been used for two years now without complaints, simply
because it looks bad in the new documentation?

As we usually don't rename functions with inconsistent naming or
otherwise bad names because of  backwards compatibility (TM) I guess
that's not what you want. OTOH I'm not sure if ddox could be much
improved in this regard. Maybe it shouldn't display the full name,
only Class.member. But I don't really know what you expect.