An idea for commercial support for D

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 9 05:15:54 PST 2015

On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 13:05:29 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Friday, 9 January 2015 at 12:02:33 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Perhaps we struggle with the bigger picture, but your constant
>> rambling onto completely unconnected topics that have nothing
>> to do with the bigger picture can only make that struggle
>> worse. :D
>
> My points always have something to do with the bigger picture.
> When doing design you have to move between the big picture and
> the details.
>
> You cannot design a business-model without looking at the use
> context and competing models.
>
> Likewise, doing language design without studying other
> languages and reading up on the relevant fields of type theory
> and semantics is asking for a very slow ascension, if at all.

I think you are very knowledgeable about those related fields and
often bring important points of view to the discussion.  As I
said, I often agree with your conclusions.  The only problem is
that your conclusion is often preceded by a lot of verbiage that
isn't really necessary to make your point.

If you have any specific criticism of my business model, I'm glad
to listen to it and take into account.  I can't do much with
suggestions that I enumerate how businesses work and figure out
what you have in mind for myself, or digressions on general
business strategy that don't seem to have any relevance to this
business model.