Any upgrades planned for D forums?

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 10 14:29:41 PST 2015

I'm curious if there are any upgrades coming in the near future.

As a D-Newbie, I find myself combing these forums regularly to
try and get up to speed on what's going on, but there are several
things making it difficult.

-I have a valid email address in the box up there^, but I don't
receive notifications when people respond to my posts here.

-The way quotes are displayed is tough on the eyes. Rather than
having the quotes grayed out and crowded by angle brackets, I
would prefer something like stackoverflow where the text was
black, but on a gray background, possibly with black outlines for
nested quotes.

-Looking at code here is brutal. Lines wrap way too short, no
syntax highlighting. https://highlightjs.org/ supports syntax
highlighting for the D language and is very easy to implement.
And a scrollable area for code would be nice. I suppose code
sections could be signalled by leading a line with 4 spaces like
SO, or with [code] tags.

-editing and delete posts after posting would be nice, but I
assume this would be quite a bit more difficult than the above
suggestions.