Why exceptions for error handling is so important

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 13 04:53:14 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 12:14:07 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 January 2015 at 10:51:33 UTC, Russel Winder via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 2015-01-12 at 13:04 -0800, Walter Bright via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>>

>>> Nobody would be in this forum if we preferred Python :-)
>>
>> Why does one have to "prefer" a language to the exclusion of
>> all
>> others (unless one is the author of a language ;-)
>
> I have found that Python quite nicely can replace perl, php,
> bash, awk and sed... What's not to like about this swiss army
> knife that can get rid of all that junk?

As long as it is only used for scripting nothing.

But when people remember to use it for writing applications, then
it is just plain slow and I don't see PyPy fixing that.

There is a reason why Go is getting Ruby and Python developers.

--
Paulo