What is the D plan's to become a used language?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 15 06:53:23 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 14 January 2015 at 10:45:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> «twitcurl is a pure C++ library for twitter APIs. twitcurl uses
> cURL for handling HTTP requests and responses.»

I feel like I say this all the time.... but there's a twitter bit
hidden in my misc. D modules, in oauth.d

https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/oauth.d#L320

Call it:

tweet(twitter(apiKey, apiSecret), userToken, userSecret, "tweet
message");

You can get the four tokens on dev.twitter.com, create an app
then create your own access token. Plug them in and call the
function:

https://twitter.com/adamdruppe/status/555738599069868033

It depends on curl.d, sha.d, and cgi.d from my repo.

You can also use oauth.d to retrieve tweets - use the tokens it
provides for a call to curlOauth to the api function, then parse
it with something like dom.d or jsvar.d (I think it gives XML but
they might have changed that in the last year since I used it)
and authorize users. Authorization is a bit tricky:

https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/oauth.d#L343

and I don't have an example written up for them (I do, but it is
in my closed source work projects so I'd have to clean it up
before posting in public, I can do it later if you're
interested), but you have to call step one, then step two when
you get the answer to that. It will return the tokens. It assumes
you're a web app using my cgi.d.