The ANSI character set is very important for operating MSSQL, if no conversion,will attract more C# users

FrankLike via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 16 07:48:42 PST 2015

On Thursday, 15 January 2015 at 16:03:47 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 January 2015 at 14:50:29 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
>> The wstring displayed ok in cmd,but not ok in gui(must use the
>> fromMBS fuction),so I want to test change the gui'control.d
>> ,set text property is Tstring ,by verstion(ANSI),set text is
>> wstring ,else ,set text is string.
>
> Ah, ok.
>
> Just keep in mind that if you see missing characters it might
> be the configuration of your client library that is the problem
> since newer versions of MSSQL should use UCS2 during transfer.
> Some libraries convert to less capable character sets such as
> iso-8859-1 by default.
>
> I believe each varchar column in the database can have a
> different character set since the database scheme can specify
> the collation, but nvarchar columns use UCS2. It is generally a
> good idea to look over your schema and see what is specified if
> you cannot support unicode.

I use it :https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/mssql.d

Sorry,I test again, find string displayed ok in 'mssql db' and
cmd ,but not ok in gui(must use the
fromMBS fuction).
And I test charset=UCS2,get error:invalid UTF-8 Exception.
Insert data:2 words string("中文") can insert,and display ok in
gui,but wstring not work,and 3 words string("中文了") stop work.
If insert string("中文") ,display not ok in db,but ok in cmd and
gui.